Located in West Palm Beach, FL and serving clients throughout Florida
Florida's harsh 10-20-Life statute was established to create mandatory penalties for crimes that involve guns. Florida Statutes 775.087 dictates the 10-20-Life law as well as the penalties offenders could face if charged.
How the 10/20/Life Statute Works:
- 10 year prison sentence for felonies with the possession of a firearm
- 20 years prison sentence if the gun was fired during the crime
- 25 years to life sentence if someone is injured
- 3 year prison sentence for possession of a firearm for convicted felons
- Prison sentence is served consecutively after other sentences are imposed
Even if you are arrested for attempting a crime with a weapon, you could face this harsh penalty. Some crimes that see this charge include:
- Sexual battery
- Aggravated assault or battery
- Child abuse
- Unlawful throwing or discharging a destructive device
- Home invasions
- Drug trafficking
Hire 10-20-Life Defense Attorneys Now
If you were arrested for a crime in possession of a firearm, then you need an aggressive defense team by your side. The 10-20-life defense attorneys at Farkas & Crowley specialize in these types of criminal cases.
We have successfully defended multiple clients who have faced the 10/20/Life conviction, and we can help seek the best possible legal outcome for your case.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation at 561-444-9529. We are available 24/7!