Crime rates may be higher or lower, depending on the particular neighborhood, county, and state. However, if you live in or around West Palm Beach, your chances of being involved in or being a victim of a crime is greater than other cities in Florida and in the country.
Here are some quick statistics on crime in West Palm Beach:
- There are over 5,600 violent and property crimes combined each year.
- The national median of violent crimes is 3.8 percent; the West Palm Beach median is 6.9 percent.
- The population in West Palm Beach is approximately 102,000. The crime rate is 6.9 percent per 1,000 residents – and 4.7 percent in the rest of the state.
- A resident's chance of being the victim of a violent crime in West Palm Beach is 1 in 144.
- Property crimes are significantly higher in West Palm Beach and account for the majority of crimes in this area.
- There are approximately 5,000 property crimes annually in West Palm Beach.
- A resident has a 1 in 21 chance of being the victim of a property crime in West Palm Beach.
- There are approximately 97 crimes per square mile in West Palm Beach.
- The national median is 37.9 crimes per square mile.
While the majority of crimes in West Palm Beach are related to property crimes—such as robbery and theft (including grand theft and even auto theft)—violent crimes are also a concern. Some violent crimes that are often seen in West Palm Beach include murder and assault and battery.
While some neighborhoods in West Palm Beach are safer than others, an individual's chances of being the victim of a crime or becoming involved in a crime are relatively high. This is one reason why having a good criminal defense attorney on your side can make all the difference in your criminal case.
An experienced West Palm Beach criminal defense team can assist with a wide array of crimes including:
- Drug Crimes
- Assault and Battery
- Theft Crimes—such as Grand Theft or Auto Theft
- Sex Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
- Juvenile Crimes
- …and many more.
An experienced criminal defense lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL can make all the difference in your case. A good legal defense team will be available to answer any questions, perform research, analyze evidence, file any necessary paperwork, and even negotiate on your behalf. We work to serve you and help to protect your rights in the best way we can.
For more information or to learn more about how we might be able to assist you in your criminal defense case, contact the Farkas & Crowley criminal defense attorneys today for a free case evaluation and consultation. We are located conveniently in West Palm Beach and are very familiar with the area, as well as the crime rate.
Call us today at 561-444-9529.